We are a free service for people in Brighton & Hove which aims to provide practical help, advice and guidance to people in need
What we do
We help you complete welfare Benefit forms: –
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Carers Allowance (CA)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- If your application is refused we will discuss an appeal with you and if appropriate we can assist you to prepare for the Tribunal hearing.
To help with your debts we will: –
- Agree with you what you can repay
- Help you fill in an income and expenditure form
- Negotiate with your creditors
- Deal with all the correspondence from your creditors with you
- Advise you on an IVA or Bankruptcy (if appropriate) and complete bankruptcy forms on your behalf
We will also endeavour to help with any other issues you may wish to discuss, especially in regard to the benefits system. We regret that we cannot give advice on divorce, separation or criminal matters.
Our core values are:
St Luke’s Advice Service believes that every member of society is entitled to access the same information and services, and to be aware of their basic rights as an equal citizen.
We : –
- Provide a safe, relaxed and accessible environment for people to openly discuss their situation.
- Empower people to seek solutions, through practical advice, guidance & exploring options
- Provide empathetic listening
- Are non-judgemental
- Respect the whole person and are individual client centred
- Are solutionfocused
- Persist in seeing people through their crises
- Signpost people to other agencies as appropriate
- Recognise that clients may want us to limit what we do for them
- Respond accordingly to constructive criticism & suggestions
‘I do not wish to sound dramatic, but the service literally saved my life. Before I found out about St Luke’s I had attempted suicide a number of times due to my financial problems.’ Client A , July 2013
St. Luke’s Advice Service is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority